This video was posted to Youtube by Michael Weider on April 10th, 2018
All Photos as of March 27th, 2019
BEFORE AND AFTER photos of the renovation of Hawaii Kai Retirement Community by Michael Weider GM, Lori S. Colwell RM, Laura Morton RM & Lilly Donohue CEO. Renovation began on September 2017 with the removal of all the framed artwork in the entire property. As of March 27th, 2019 General Manager Michael Weider & Holiday Touch Retirement improvements?
Lori S. Colwell Questions
Lori S. Colwell Questions
March 24th, 2019
Questions for Lori S.Colwell:
On January 21, 2019 at a meeting with Residents from the Hawaii Kai Retirement Community, the subject of art work for the walls came up. Residents wanted to know when the new art work would be put up. Lori, you stated that the corporate office was going to send a new bus, but instead you would put in an order for an art package.
1. Was an order put in for said art package? If so when will new art work be put up?
2. When asked why dining room staff hours had been cut? Lori, you stated that it depended on how many Residents lived on the property at the given time. What is the ratio for servers/residents?
When the question of what was the Resident to employee ratio asked, Lori, you said you would get back with that number. Still waiting to hear that answer. I think maybe the square footage per employee should have been asked also so please will you include that number as well. Hawaii Kai is twenty two acres with year round landscaping maintenance.
When asked why there were no managers supporting in the dining room? Lori, you stated that there should always be a manager in the dining room and that was going to change before you left.
3. Are you aware that there have been no managers in the Makai dining room since you left? As the regional supervisor is this acceptable that your directions are not being carried out?
4. Why would you cut the number of landscaping, maintenance, housekeeping and dining staff?
Residents were complaining about requests that had been promised but never seemed to be fulfilled, this was both discouraging and upsetting. Lori said to Michael that he should not make promises he couldn’t keep, and instead say what actually could be expected.
5. Is the art package another unfulfilled promise?
6. How would you feel if someone came into your home and took everything familiar out, never to be seen again, then proceeded to put in furniture of lesser quality and left all your walls bare of art work? Then, raised your rent?
Please send all answers to questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All answers will be posted below the questions. Thank you so much!
"When you are here, you are home!" Quote from Lilly Donohue CEO Holiday Retirement